Really cool thing google is allowing is to host sites on their google drive,
which would be good for creating online CVs or personal websites, found that recently when i was having to make free automated process of taking PDF file and simply translate it to another language. Translation didn’t need to be very accurate but look of the pdf file have to be almost the same.
The process went like this
First i found the site that is creating webpages from pdf file, it is called HTML Publish and it can be found among a lot more useful links book.motionbump.com. So after i got an html website there was a problem into betting it translated. Tho most widely used free translator from Google did not accept local websites. So i needed to put it somehow on the web. Well Google allow to host webpages with Drive.
- Create a new folder in Drive and share it as “Public on the web.”
- Open the HTML file and click Open in the bottom-right corner.
- Click the “Preview” button in the toolbar.
- Share the URL that looks like “www.googledrive.com/host/…” from the preview window and anyone can view your web page.
- HTML files are a new way of sharing Google Drive content – Everyone can now publish custom html pages, they can also share multiple files at once from a single page. Where sharing multiple files could only be done through sharing individual files or folders, this new feature lets people embed links in pages.
- These files can be indexed by search engines – HTML documents are meant to be linked and found. Although Google Docs that are set to “Shared Publicly on the Web” can be indexed by a search engine, they are only indexed when linked on a public web page. Now, any Google Drive content linked in an HTML page will be indexed and discoverable by anyone on the web.
- Everyone can now run their own web sites from within Google Drive – Rather than using pre-defined templates in Google Sites, anyone with a Google Drive account has an easy to use web server built into their account.